Shelley Park ensures a safe, comfortable and supportive care environment for people with a wide range of neurological disabilities, and provides the services essential in maintaining and promoting physical, psychological, cognitive and social well being.
Services are organised around individual care pathways which are determined on assessment and informed by regular clinical review. A person centred care plan is developed as part of a fully integrated service model that sees nursing care, rehabilitation and therapy services provided as a seamless service by our multi-disciplinary team.
- Experienced neurological nursing, therapy, and rehabilitation practitioners (see MDT)
- Neuro Hydrotherapy
- Expert clinical psychology led services as part of an emotional support framework.
- Proven success in supporting neurologically impaired people, including individuals who may at times exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Specialist assessment for both non-resident and resident clients
- Day care
- Outreach/Domiciliary care
- Respite care
- Established links to education and training programmes.
- Active programmes of social activities and outings
Specialist Services include:
- Multiple, complex and specialist nursing care/ rehabilitation interventions.
- Tracheostomy, intensive oxygen /ventilation therapy.
- Non invasive oxygen therapy, for example CPAP requiring specialist treatment.
- Partial / intermittent PEG or PEJ feeding
- SMART approach to low awareness / minimally conscious.
- MSE (a multi sensory environment incorporating snoezelen)
- Sensory stimulation programmes
- Complimentary therapies including aromatherapy and reflexology.